26 March 2006

The Naming of Names

We have a new person in our school, a Rebot. Her name, at least for my purposes here, is Pollyanna. She means well, but is making me insane. On the one hand, I'd love to dish details, but on the other hand, I'd hate for anyone to put two and two together and figure out who I am. Maybe Pollyanna Rebot reads education blogs when she needs a break from chewing up and spitting out teachers who don't hail the Almighty Workshop Model. Then again, I wonder if anyone is really reading this drivel in the first place. Sometimes I feel like all I do here is spew venom. But that can be entertaining, for me anyway.

I've been afraid to use the first names of my kids. Many of them have really unique names, and I work at a small school. I can imagine someone out there howling, "Bitch is writing about my schoooool!!!"

I feel like using pseudonyms for everyone can get a bit hairy. But it's fun to think of names for the adults, especially the ones I don't like.

No comments: